27.7 C
New York

Fans are divided about Dana White’s major announcement of a fight for UFC 300, which does not include Conor McGregor. “I hope these are the preliminary bouts,” White said.

Published:

Fans are divided on social media in response to Dana White’s most recent statement regarding a fight for UFC 300.

On April 13, 2024, the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas will play host to the UFC 300 event, which is considered to be the promotion’s most significant event. Dana White has been quite vocal about making sure that the event card has a number of high-profile matches, which has resulted in the hype surrounding the event being at an all new level.

Jiri Prochazka, a former light heavyweight champion, Aljamain Sterling, a former bantamweight king, and Bo Nickal, an unbeaten wrestling wonder, are all scheduled to compete in UFC 300, according to the CEO of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), who just revealed three matches that have been confirmed for the event on social media. White was quoted as saying:

Here it is, the moment that everyone has been anticipating. Although there are no big events or anything of the sort, I can tell you that on April 13th, UFC 300, Jiri Prochazka, ranked second, will be competing against Aleksandar Rakic, ranked fifth. The return of Bo Nickal, the relocation of former bantamweight champion Aljamain Sterling to the featherweight class, and the return of Calvin Kattar, who is ranked seventh in the featherweight division. He has not suffered a defeat in any of his five fights, he has five victories, all of which came by way of finishes, he is undefeated, and he is going to compete against Cody Brundage.
Check out the comments made by Dana White below:

Enlarge the Tweet

Despite the fact that all three fights are enormous, there are some fans who were hoping for more from the initial statements made regarding UFC 300. Given that there are no championship bouts that have been announced and that Conor McGregor’s return is still unknown, many people are anticipating that additional significant revelations surrounding the pay-per-view event will be made in the coming weeks.

Listed below are some of the responses that people have given to White’s announcements:

Dana White believes PFL taking over Bellator MMA is bad for the sport

In the previous month, it was disclosed that the purchase of Bellator MMA by PFL had been successfully completed. The chairman of the PFL, Donn Davis, stated that the combined talent pool of the two promotions would be similar to the roster of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Dana White, who has a history of being highly critical of both of the organizations in question, has indicated that the acquisition is “definitely not a good thing.”

While being questioned about the takeover during the press conference that followed the conclusion of the UFC 296 fight, White responded by stating that the PFL’s acquisition of Bellator MMA will only result in a reduction in the number of opportunities available to aspiring fighters and new talent. It was him who said:

“It is a negative thing, it is not a good thing for there to be less possibilities, not only for fighters who are already in the game, but also for men who are just starting out if they have fewer options. Without a doubt, this is not a positive development.

Related articles

Recent articles

spot_img