27.7 C
New York

At UFC 297, Dricus du Plessis expressed his confidence that he would be able to finish Sean Strickland. “This fight is not going to go round four and five,” he said.

Published:

This coming Saturday night, Dricus du Plessis, who is scheduled to compete against Sean Strickland for the middleweight championship, is on the verge of becoming a legend in mixed martial arts (MMA). At UFC 297, the South African fighter is not only confident that he will prevail in the fight, but he is also certain that he will be able to knock out the champion completely.

While he was giving his prediction for the fight to TNT Sports, ‘Stillknocks’ made a bold declaration that he was going to eliminate ‘Tarzan’ before the final rounds:

Over the course of the first three rounds of this fight, I am able to defeat Sean Strickland. “There is no way that this fight will go to round four and round five,” the fighter said.

Enlarge the Tweet
The challenger from South Africa has a perfect record in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), with victories over notable opponents such as former champion Robert Whittaker and previous top contender Derek Brunson. His professional career has a record of 20-2 vs his opponents.

The oddsmakers believe that the fight will be a close one. An article published by The Athletic indicates that Strickland is a -125 favorite to win the fight against du Plessis, while du Plessis is a +105 underdog.

Regardless of whether or not du Plessis’ forecast is accurate, there is little doubt that the bout has garnered a staggering amount of attention. According to Dana White, the event has shattered the record for the highest-grossing arena event in Canada, with a live gate of $7.6 million. A record that was previously held by the event.

The credible stats for the event do not come as much of a surprise, especially when one considers the rocky lead-up to the event, which included a public physical incident between the headliners and a ruthless trash-taking. This has provided fans with a lot of material to talk.

Sean Strickland says UFC set him up for public scuffle against Dricus du Plessis

An all-out altercation took place between Sean Strickland and Dricus du Plessis at UFC 296, which resulted in ‘Tarzan’ being removed out of the premises before the fight could continue. The American champion is of the opinion that the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) was banking on him to deliver the opening blow.

At a recent episode on his YouTube channel, the 32-year-old fighter made the accusation that the world’s most prominent mixed martial arts (MMA) company had prepared him for violence at the pay-per-view event that took place in December:

To hell with you, UFC… Among all the folks, you put Dricus in the rearview mirror. I am walking around telling you that I don’t leave my house because I have fantasies about fg up people, and I don’t like to put myself in circumstances where I could potentially spend the rest of my life in prison. I am telling you this because I don’t take the time to leave my house. So the Ultimate Fighting Championship is saying something along the lines of, “We are going to put this mother f who made fun of his child f*g trauma, we are going to put him right behind him!” To put it another way, they completely prepared me for that st.

Related articles

Recent articles

spot_img